"Staying Connected" Click here for information that businesses, educators, landowners
and other New York Sea Grant stakeholders can use during these times.

Filter By Date
On Air, On YouTube: NOAA Predicts an Above-normal Atlantic hurricane season is most likely this year: Are You Prepared?
This season (June 1-Nov 30), forecasters predict 45% chance above-normal, a 35% chance near-normal, and only a 20% chance below-normal. ...
Posted by Paul F on May 31, 2017 at 3:51 PM
Atlantic Hurricane Season is Here: Be Aware, Be Strong, Be Prepared
In an effort to help ready you for future storms, Sea Grant offers a number of #HurricanePrep tips and resources from NOAA, its other line offices (including the U.S. National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center) as well as partner organizations including the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). ...
Posted by Paul F on Jun 1, 2016 at 11:32 AM
Superstorm Sandy: Coastal Storm Social Science Study With Long Beach Residents
As one might expect, this social science project has much to do with the culture, language, and attitude of people making the profound and often emotional decision about whether or not to evacuate their home before a storm hits. ...
Posted by Paul F on Sep 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Superstorm Sandy: One Year Later - Fire Island Breach
NYSG-funded researchers Charlie Flagg and fellow SBU SoMAS investigator Roger Flood's offer insights along with their aerial photograph series that documents the evolution of the breach at Old Inlet from shortly after its inception during Superstorm Sandy on October 29, 2012, to the latest photos taken June 16, 2013. Monitoring of the breach is important, as its evolution will affect the tidal dynamics and the ecosystem of the Long Island's eastern Great South Bay. ...
Posted by Paul F on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Superstorm Sandy: One Year Later - Bay Park
New York Sea Grant funded research to measure if the ecosystem could handle the additional sewage and increase its capacity to serve as a “nutrient sink,” or if the enhanced nutrient loads would shift the ecosystem to an alternative state that perpetuates additional organic matter loading. ...
Posted by Paul F on Nov 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Home *  What is NYSG? *  Research *  Extension *  Education *  News & Events *  Publications
  Grants & Policies * Staff * NYSG Sites *  Related Sites 

nyseagrant@stonybrook.edu * (631) 632-6905

Problems viewing our Site? Questions About our Site's Social Media / Other Features? - See Our Web Guidelines

For NYSG Staff ... SharePoint * Site Administration